cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.3 vs ACS 5.1

JAMES HAYNES
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out how to tie a command authorization set to a shell profile in ACS 5.1.

In ACS 3.3 within the Shell Profile there is a section that has a drop down menu where you select the command auth set

you want to associate with the Shell. In 5.1 when I go to the Shell Profile there is no such menu just

three tabs (General, Common Tasks, Custom Attributes) and nowhere do I see how you add in a command auth set for the Shell.

Can someone direct me to the documentation for this, or how you actually accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jim

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am trying to figure out how to tie a command authorization set to a shell profile in ACS 5.1.

In ACS 3.3 within the Shell Profile there is a section that has a drop down menu where you select the command auth set

you want to associate with the Shell. In 5.1 when I go to the Shell Profile there is no such menu just

three tabs (General, Common Tasks, Custom Attributes) and nowhere do I see how you add in a command auth set for the Shell.

Can someone direct me to the documentation for this, or how you actually accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Check out the below link hope to help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/migration/guide/Appendix_A_ACS_missing_Attributes.pdf

Ganesh.H

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you for the link it explained why I do not see where the command authorization is located in the shell as in ACS 5.1

it is done on a per user basis. However, when a user is configured I see no where to attach a command authorization set.

The only thing you can define for a user is the Identity Group which is a purely logical container as the documentation you provided

points out. Would you know where the per user command authorization is applied?

Thanks,

Jim

I finally found where the configuration of the command sets takes place it is in:

Access Policies > Access Services >  Default Device Admin >  Authorization

Thank you all for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: