cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Call Manager 5.1.3.7000-5 (5.1(3)) to 7.1(5)

John Gowen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the upgrade Patch Set DVD entitled Upgrade from 5.1(3) to 7.1(5) but whether locally or remotely the Call Manager states the following when I try to access the upgrade files:

Errors encountered.
The directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available. Note, a machine cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored.

The release notes state that it should work.

Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Regards,

John

10 Replies 10

John Gowen
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies, sort of a false alarm.

I got it to identify the files eventually.

thanks.

I am getting the same issue upgrading from 5.1(3) to 6.1(x) and I am here scratching my head and trying everything  Can you please share with me what you did to get the files identified?

Courtland

What upgrade files are you using?

I have downloaded several pgrade files from the cisco website 6.13, 6.15 and followed the instructions on creating the disk.   also used the 6.1(2) file from the upgrade kit - cisco-ipt-k9-patch6.1.2.1000-13.tar.gz.sgn.

Courtland

What is the exact version of 5.1.3 you're currently on and what version would you like to move to?  There are specific upgrade requirements and there are different files for upgrading from different version of CUCM.  Please let me know.

--Matt

I want to move from version: 5.1.3.8000-4 to 6.1(5)

You will need a specific file to upgrade from your version of 5.1.3 to 6.1.5.  The reason none of your previous attempts have worked is because the file you have been trying specifically for upgrade from 5.x, cisco-ipt-k9-patch6.1.2.1000-13.tar.gz.sgn, will not work for anything above 5.1.3d.  See the Compatibility Matrix:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/4a20F

Also, the UCSInstall files on Cisco.com will only work for upgrading from 6.0.1 and later.  If you open a TAC SR, you can request the most up to date version of 6.1.5, so long as your service contracts are in order.  Request from the engineer you speak with the files:

cisco-ipt-k9-patch6.1.5.xxxxx-y.sgn.zip_part1of2

cisco-ipt-k9-patch6.1.5.xxxxx-y.sgn.zip_part2of2

...where 'xxxxx-y' is the latest ES available, currently 6.1.5.12027-1.

Which you will need to combine into

cisco-ipt-k9-patch6.1.5.xxxxx-y.sgn.zip

This should solve your problem.

--Matt

Thanks a lot, will do that now

Also you will want to make sure you have an SW Feature License for 6.x when you do your upgrade to ensure you don't have issues once you have upgraded.

Let me know if this solves your problem and if you'd like you can send me a private message with your TAC SR and I will make sure the correct files are posted.

--Matt

Hello,

With my issue, I had the correct upgrade files, however, I had an issue with getting the CUCM servers (Pub and 1 Sub) to recognise them.

Ultimately, one of the servers saw them via TFTP and the other did with the DVD even though the DVD drive was proved ok in both servers.

I hope this worked out for you.

Cheers,

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: