cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Mail Box for Auto Attendant

tknapp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a hunt group 501 which points to a receptionist desk phone.  If she does not anwer caller goes to a Auto Attendant.

Choice 3 is to send the caller to a special mail box that is only for Auto Attendant.  I cannot figure out how to create a mail box.
I am using CCA 2.2.4 and the only way to create a mail box is to create a USER with a Device.   Is this the only way to do it?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yep.

Personal and General Delivery mailboxes are they two types.

A user can have one personal mailbox, but can be a member of several GDMs by being a member of that hunt group or blast group.

So the access is there, just not restricted to one member (all members get access to their GDM).

if you want to CF NA to the individual user, then only that user will get the message....

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yep.

Personal and General Delivery mailboxes are they two types.

A user can have one personal mailbox, but can be a member of several GDMs by being a member of that hunt group or blast group.

So the access is there, just not restricted to one member (all members get access to their GDM).

if you want to CF NA to the individual user, then only that user will get the message....

Steve

I have to create a Shared line and then associate the shared line with a GDM?

I then point the AA to the Shared line.

Again I am doing this through CCA.

thanks

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Since you are doing this in CCA, then why don't you have one of the options in the AA as "Leave a Voice Mail" and when that users chooses that option, you have that parameter programmed to do a Direct Transfer to the GDM voice mail box... For instance if your Blast group is 501, then you can associate a GDM to it and in the AA you have the option set as "6501" 6 is the prefix command to direct transfer to Voice Mail.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Great minds think alike.  That is pretty much what I did.  The user just wanted a Mail box NOT associated with a line.  Creating a shared line with GDM made the scenario work.  Thanks to all for helping out!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: