Wireless Bridge 1300 AP's Autonymous - BVI1 and Bridge Group Question

Answered Question
Jul 8th, 2010

Hello All,

I'am setting up two 1300's as a wireless bridge but I'am not going to be using vlan 1 in the network, vlan 2 is my managent.  Does that mean I will not be able to manage the wireless bridges because only bridge group 1 can route ip?

I set up the Wireless Bridges with the infrastructure vlan as vlan 2 on the SSID and I created a BVI2 on both AP's.  I shut down my BVI1 on both sides.  The AP's associate with each other but i couldn't telnet or ping across the bridge on the vlan 2.  I then switched back to the vlan 1 as the infrastructure vlan and i turned BVI1's back up.  I was then able to ping and telnet across the wireless bridge between the bridges.

So with the setup I want the Bridges will only be managable locally via console?

The other question I have is that I have a vlan 900 for voice going across the bridge however bridge-group #'s only go up to 255,  will my vlan 900 traffic still pass across the bridge without the bridge-group configuration on the dot11 and fa0 subinterfaces?  Thanks

Thanks

Jason

Correct Answer by Surendra BG about 6 years 7 months ago

No need to create BVI2.. BVI 1 is enough and map the SSID to the Valn 2.. this will be enough to get the wireless network up and running. the switch port config should be a trunk allowing all the vlans.

regarding the voice vlan.. just create the sub interafce on the bridge. this is resolve the issue.

Regards

Surendra

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Surendra BG Mon, 07/12/2010 - 01:39

No need to create BVI2.. BVI 1 is enough and map the SSID to the Valn 2.. this will be enough to get the wireless network up and running. the switch port config should be a trunk allowing all the vlans.

regarding the voice vlan.. just create the sub interafce on the bridge. this is resolve the issue.

Regards

Surendra

Actions

This Discussion