cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5520 - commands for dummy's ??? Is there a 'cheat sheet'?

NeuroPsyche
Level 1
Level 1

I'm rather a dummy with the ASA5520 but the more I play with it the more I like it.

I'm a bit in a hurry and need to 'quickly' change usernames and passwords on multiple 'wanvpn's

Can someone post the CLI commands that I'd use to do this?  In a step-by-step commands for dummies format

Just to let you know my skill level, I'm familiar enough with the unit to log into it, go into EXEC mode but can't find the command

to get to the:

hostname(config-group-policy)# webvpn

... prompt that it seems all documentation says I need to be at to issue the commands.

I'm probably missing something and was hoping someone would help.

I'd also like to know how to change the first login pw and the EXEC password, if someone would have those commands also I'd be thrilled.

Thank you greatly!

3 Replies 3

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You need to issue "group-policy internal" followed by "group-policy attributes". This will get you to the group-policy prompt.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

>1. Jul 8, 2010 5:42 PM in response to: David Fisher

>Re: ASA5520 - commands for dummy's ???  Is there a 'cheat sheet'?

>Hello,

>You need to issue "group-policy internal" followed by "group-policy attributes". This will get you to the group-policy prompt.

>Hope this helps.

>Regards,

>NT

Hello NT, Thank you for the help.

I'm wondering if you can build on this answer?

When I'm at the #prompt I mearly enter 'group-policy internal ?

May I ask why 'internal' is used?

...then immediately enter 'group-policy attributes

May I ask why 'attributes' is used?

I'm thinking that 'internal' sets the group policy to the 'internal vpn config'?

... and the 'attributes' puts me in the mode to set attributes of the webvpn config?

I'm hoping that this is right...

After that, what command can I issue to simply change the username and password for the webvpn config?

I don't want to change anything else except for username and password...

Would you know the full command string to issue to only change a username and password on an existing webvpn setup?

Thanks a bunch!  Your getting me to learn this quite quickly!  I didnt' think I liked this device, I'm used to another 'red' box, but the cli

of this ASA seems very straight forward and seems to follow a very nicely set scheme...

If you are just trying to change the username/password and you are using local user database (usernames local to the firewall), I guess you can just change it normally i.e "username "

While I am no expert in WebVPN configuration, Here is a document that explains some of the WebVPN concepts.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/webvpn.html#wp1031823

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/vpngrp.html#wp1113945

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card