Where is the downloads section for the NSS-300 series?

Unanswered Question
Jul 8th, 2010

Where can I find the downloads section for the NSS-300 series? I am looking for updated firmware, updated client software, updated setup wizard.

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Hornstein Fri, 07/09/2010 - 00:16

Hi Johnny,

Give it a chance.  The product was just recently released, so there is no updated firmware as yet.

A lot of the apps are already built in the initial generally available (GA) firmware that came with the product.

Looks more like the Web site folks just used a standard template, with a download link.  But there is no updated GA firmware  as yet.

If you needed a refresh of current  firmware for some reason, I have to suggest that the Small Business Support center team  can organize that for you.

regards Dave

eoncablewire Fri, 07/09/2010 - 08:08

Dave,

I am giving it a chance, it made it to my test bench where many other products did not. I just like to be able to access a page for any product that has downloads for the most current versions of the wizard, manuals, and firmware. I think that should be expected by any customer of a network storage product.

I did follow all suggested links and when you follow the download software link,  there is nothing listed. There should AT least be the current version of software available for download for clients that may have misplaced their cd.

My preference on most products is to go straight to the download site and use the most current version of software and drivers rather than install the earlier version and then have to either update it or go to the website and download it, uninstall the old software, and then install the new software.

Thanks,

Johnny

David Hornstein Fri, 07/09/2010 - 10:40

Hi Johnny,

I can't disagree, i would not prefer to load an old version of code, especially if a never version of code has enhancements built in.

Manuals are there; http://www.cisco.mn/en/US/products/ps10817/index.html

I have a NSS324, love it to pieces, especially the built in radius server.

But for any reason I had to get software or thought there was a software issue with my machine, I wouldn't waste much time and would call the Small Business Support center for their advice. 

But yep , I agree having a download software option on the cisco.com website  mentioned above, with no software there is a  little annoying.

I have passed your comments onto the Product Manager.

regards Dave

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content