cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding additional MPLS circuit and Multilink PPP

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WAN with an ISP Managed MPLS configuration on one side and a Customer configured gateway on the remote side.  I have been asked to add an additional MPLS circuit on the remote site and aggregate the two.  It appears as though multilink PPP is the best bet, however, I'm unsure as to how to apply the configuration.

The existing config on the gateway is:

interface Serial0/0/0:0
description MPLS connection
bandwidth 1536
no ip address
ip flow ingress
encapsulation frame-relay IETF
frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!
interface Serial0/0/0:0.700 point-to-point
description (frame privider PVC circuit ID)$FW_INSIDE$
bandwidth 1536
ip address 192.168.100.25 255.255.255.252
ip flow ingress
zone-member security in-zone
snmp trap link-status
frame-relay interface-dlci 700  
  class FR-MAP-CLASS-1536
!

I am ripping out that serial card and replacing with a 2-port WIC to facilitate the new circuit.  At the same time, I'll be bonding the two together.  Assuming a config with an additional sub-interface configuration (say: Serial0/0/1:0.701), would I create the multilink bundle using the subinterfaces?  And, what would the Multilink Interface config look like - for example, do I move the class map,  ip flow ingress,  zone-member...etc...commands to the multilink interface?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello R.stockton,

although is possible to run PPP over frame-relay I would suggest to consider multilink Frame Relay FRF 16.1

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/wan/configuration/guide/wan_ml_fr_frf161_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

this should be the easier choice for your scenario

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card