IOS NAT Load-Balancing for Two ISP

Answered Question
Jul 9th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello, recently we are going to purchase a new ISP of a diferent company, every ISP has it's own rooter and they are conectected to 2 port of the Switch catalist 2960 48TT /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} , I have read some explanations of how configure our router cisco 2811 to manage the load-balancig for two Isp, like this ones.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml#conf4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080950834.shtml

But I don't find anyway how to resolve the problem of DNS, in my network every pc has configures the DNS's of the ISP, if I configure the load balancing to work with both ISP i think that the pc just can conect with one, the one who has the DNS configured.

Somebody can explain me how to solve that problem?

Thanks in advance

Correct Answer by wang baojun about 6 years 11 months ago

hello ,

i know the DNS problem you talk . but first i want to know ,if the dns from ISP A, cannot use in ISP B network  when the link connect to ISP A down ?

if not , there one thing you need to know , router forward data using itself route table , not depend on DNS .

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
wang baojun Tue, 07/13/2010 - 02:43
User Badges:

hello ,

i know the DNS problem you talk . but first i want to know ,if the dns from ISP A, cannot use in ISP B network  when the link connect to ISP A down ?

if not , there one thing you need to know , router forward data using itself route table , not depend on DNS .

eduardo.bonson Tue, 07/13/2010 - 05:11
User Badges:

Thanks for the info, May be I should check what for is the DNS before ask this cuestión, I don't know if the DNS of the first ISP can work with seccond, because we don't has still, but I realice that I can use open DNS without problem, and this is not important for the internet configuration or the net traffic.

Thanks for your help.

Actions

This Discussion