Views
Helpful
Replies

Leased Line Redundancy

drikilbride
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm just wondering what would be the best way to implement leased line redundancy using serial connections.

I have Site A (Main) and Site B (Branch). I have two links between both but am currently only using one of these links. If link one failed I want link two to kick in.

I am currently using static routes on the routers.

I will attach a network diagram showing the current setup.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm just wondering what would be the best way to implement leased line redundancy using serial connections.

I have Site A (Main) and Site B (Branch). I have two links between both but am currently only using one of these links. If link one failed I want link two to kick in.

I am currently using static routes on the routers.

I will attach a network diagram showing the current setup.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

If you want to achive only active/standby configuration then configure one router as active and other one as stanby for lan traffic going out using HSRP implementation in lan side of both the routers making gateway as virtual ip of the group for lan subnet and also configure tracking along with IP SLA so in case of failover of the link automatically the standby router will be become active for lan user as tracking will decrement the pirporty of active router.

http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_35_se/configuration/guide/swhsrp.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post