Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't upgrade 7921 to 1.3.4sr1 on UCM 7.1.5

mgruyters
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I can't upgrade the 7921 phones from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4sr1. The UCM server has version 7.1.5.

I tried:

1. USB --> 99% and it just stops (stopped other nic's of the pc).

2. Wifi --> same

3. TFTP UCM --> tried the SGN file (stopped the tftp service), changed the device defaults.

I uploaded the file in the root. Phone gives a error. The error says "Can't download image"

4. I also tried the unpack the .TAR file and uploaded the .load file to UCM. Changed the device default settings. But the same error remains.

Upgrade to 1.3.3 worked fine.

Tried several 7921 phones.

Please help! Don't know what to do next.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3. TFTP UCM --> tried the SGN file (stopped the tftp service), changed the device defaults.

I uploaded the file in the root. Phone gives a error. The error says "Can't download image"

4. I also tried the unpack the .TAR file and uploaded the .load file to UCM. Changed the device default settings. But the same error remains.

The .COP.SGN file should be installed through the OS Administration Install/Upgrade software mechanism. These statements sound as if you are manually uploading files to the TFTP server which will not work. Follow the documentation and make sure that you do the publisher first so Informix gets updated:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/7_1_2/cucos/iptpch7.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The .COP.SGN file should be installed through the OS Administration Install/Upgrade software mechanism. These statements sound as if you are manually uploading files to the TFTP server which will not work. Follow the documentation and make sure that you do the publisher first so Informix gets updated:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/7_1_2/cucos/iptpch7.html

Thank you, i'm going to try it this afternoon. Will let you know if it worked. Your we're right interpreting my post.

Greetz,

Martijn.

mgruyters
Level 1
Level 1

Well Problem solved. Removed the old files I uploaded with the upload button. Used upgrade and it worked!

I like to add that the device default changes also in the new version (automaticly). If you want to test one phone, set the old version in the device defaults and change only de device load of the phone you want to test.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: