cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350 Wireless Bridge Problem

dmyhand610
Level 1
Level 1

I have inherited a wireless link between two building that used a pair of Aironet 350 wireless bridges.  I say used because one took a lightning strike and is fried.  I need to see the configuration on the remaining bridge to set up the new bridge but no one knows the user name or password to access the remaining functioning 350.  How do I reset this old buzzard?  I have tried all the instructions I have found on this site and others.  There is no reset button.  I found this out by disassembling another Aironet 350 we had which has also taken a strike.  I cannot set up the new 1300 without knowing the config of what it will be talking to.  I have been able to connect to the 350 with a serial cable and I can see some of the information.  But the only thing I get is the ip address for fe0.  I have attached the file I captured to this post.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

4 Replies 4

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

I have seen and tried this method.  Unfortunately, I do not see this "Main Menu Screen" which the method speaks of when I press enter.  What I do see is this, "(Auto Apply On) ^R, =, , or [Link Text]:" without the quotation marks.  Is there something else I need to do when opening up a terminal session?  Thanks, Dennis

If you know the IP of the 350, put a laptop on the same subnet and use a crossover cable to web to its GUI.  VxWorks CLI sucks!

If you can get hold of a pair of 1231 APs, they can be configured to run in bridge mode and use the same antennas as the 350s.  Benefits are IOS and G radios. 

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card