cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OLD clients

battanc
Level 1
Level 1

Wireless Network with more then 70 AP (AIR-LAP1242G-E-K9 and AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9).
About 200 WireLess clients (PC, Cisco-Phone, Vehicle-Mounted Computers, etc.) on several WLANs.
All managed by 3 WLC (4404 - 5.2.193.0) and WCS (6.0.181.0).
The IOS of the AP is 12.4(18a)JA2.

I have a problem with some OLD Vehicle-Mounted Computers.
This are LXE VX1, only 802/1b (only 1Mb/s), no WPA, only MAC authentication.
I am not able to associate this clients, even if disabling MAC-authentication (all open).
Looking on the WCS, I don't see events related to this clients, no entry in LOGs, no entry in Monitor -> clients -> probing Clients.
Some "incompatibility" on Radio?

But the clients are OK: with a stand-alone AP (AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 - 12.4(10b)JDA) they can associate (different SSID, of course).

The client has very few parameters: SSID, ecc.

Some idea ?

2 Replies 2

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Are you still facing this issue?

thanks,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards

josuvarg
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

This could be for several reasons. I noticed that you have a mix of 1242 and 1142 APs. The 1142 APs they are N devices. I know some old clients will have a lot of issues conecting on mix environments" where there is B, G and N enabled, most likely B clients so it is a good test to disable N there.

Also, I will recommend to disable most of the options on the WLAN advance settings, to make the most compatible configuration for old clients (disable MFP, client exclusion, Aironet IE...).

You can test this and see what happens...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card