cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 agent desktop unsupported features on agent phone

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have been reading the release notes for UCCX 8.0(2) in preparation for an upgrade from 7.0. I see in the section titled: Unsupported Actions for Unified CCX Agents, that softkey features not supported on the agent phone includes PARK. PARK is used extensively by our agents in version 7.0. Is this something new with version 8.0? I don't understand why this would be now unsupported in a newer release.

Your replies are appreciated,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark

That has been unsupported for as long as I can remember.

Whilst there is a fairly large list of things that aren't supported, exactly why they aren't supported varies a lot... for example, use of Pickup causes all sorts of problems including stuck-in-reserved agents, calls being dropped, spurious not ready states etc.

Join/DirTrFr tend to cause statistical errors (e.g. oldest in queue 1[00:00:00] or similar)

I always recommend to customers that they have a custom softkey set that removes all these, but some think a particular features is so important that they are willing to live with the side effects (which generally means doing out of hours Node Manager restarts to fix up stats and so on).

If you are using Park, and don't have problems... then it's up to you whether you continue to do so. Just be aware that if you get a problem, raise a case and TAC blame it on this, you will kind of be on your own.

As a general rule - anything that might affect the call whilst it's in the control of UCCX (i.e. up to the point that the Agent has answered a presented call) is likely to cause you fairly major issues (i.e. ones that involve calls being lost or agents being put out of work temporarily). Anything after the agent has answered (like Park) is more likely to just screw your real time reports up...

Hope this helps...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark

That has been unsupported for as long as I can remember.

Whilst there is a fairly large list of things that aren't supported, exactly why they aren't supported varies a lot... for example, use of Pickup causes all sorts of problems including stuck-in-reserved agents, calls being dropped, spurious not ready states etc.

Join/DirTrFr tend to cause statistical errors (e.g. oldest in queue 1[00:00:00] or similar)

I always recommend to customers that they have a custom softkey set that removes all these, but some think a particular features is so important that they are willing to live with the side effects (which generally means doing out of hours Node Manager restarts to fix up stats and so on).

If you are using Park, and don't have problems... then it's up to you whether you continue to do so. Just be aware that if you get a problem, raise a case and TAC blame it on this, you will kind of be on your own.

As a general rule - anything that might affect the call whilst it's in the control of UCCX (i.e. up to the point that the Agent has answered a presented call) is likely to cause you fairly major issues (i.e. ones that involve calls being lost or agents being put out of work temporarily). Anything after the agent has answered (like Park) is more likely to just screw your real time reports up...

Hope this helps...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks for the reply. I do see when calls are parked by an agent in the historical records on our current version. I assume that this breaks the end to end call records for customer calls. This is acceptable in our current environment. Thanks again for your response.

One note on this: The BU knows that Park breaks things; however, Directed Call Park seems to be ok and is viewed as a Transfer Out in the reports. You may want to consider using that as a compromise. I have one customer who got written blessing from the BU for Directed Call park, but NOT traditional Park.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: