cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual connectivity site - Query

nbhandarkar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Primary site A and a DR site B. I have a branch site H which has 2Mbps link to A and a new commisioned 1Mbps link to B. There is 20Mbps link between A and B. All 3 routers are using EIGRP.

My requirement is that from H's LAN all data/application traffic(going to servers at A) should load balance on these 2 links(2Mb and 1Mb links) whereas Video Conferencing(VC) traffic(destination to site A) which occurs once a week at site H should take the 1Mbps link. In event of failure of 1Mbps link, VC traffic should automatically use the 2Mbps.

Note: I am using Tandberg VC equipment. QoS is currenly not in place in any of the devices. Current utilization of the links is also not an issue.

What would be the best solution to achieve this. Can someone help with the configuration.

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Please see following url for eigrp load-balancing..hope it helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009437d.shtml

For VC traffice you can do pbr in router's Lan interface. PBR can have route maps which will point specific sourced traffice to required next-hop.

Hope it will help you...

Regards

Yogesh

Thanks Yogesh for the EIGRP solution.

Can you help me with the access-list that I can use to match Video conferencing traffic? I will use this ACL in the route map.

Here goes the required configuration....

*** route Map***
route-map VC permit 10
match ip address 102
set ip next-hope 1mbps_link_next_hop_ip  2mpbs_link_next_hop_ip
!
access-list 102 permit ip x.x.x.x x.x.x.x any  *********subnets should be in wildcard format*****
!
interface configuration
****router lan interface***
ip policy route-map VC

Let me know how does it works?

Regards

Yogesh

hi yogesh,

thanks for the config.

one thing, the acl mentions the subnets from LAN to the destination. This would in turn match all traffic..data as well VC traffic becoz the VC equipement is in the same LAN at branch site.

i need to match the acl as per the dest ports. any idea what ports do i need to put in the ACL for tandberg VC.

You place destination host in acl to match tandberg..

Following are tandberg ports

sip
5556-5574
2326-2885

hope this will work.

dont forget to rate post

cheers!!!

Yogesh

Thanks, will test it out and let u know if there's any issue. Hope the ports nos. are all that i need.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco