cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Virtual Machine

jeffkelso
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking into adding a CUCM Subscriber into our cluster as a virtual machine in VMWare ESX 4.  I have two questions.

1.  Is it okay to have a couple of physical CUCM's and add a virtual subscriber to that cluster?

2.  How does the licensing work for that?  Is there just a CUCM software part number for ESX installs?  If so, what is the part number?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Virtualization is only supported with CUCM 8.x and only on Cisco UCS servers. It is possible to install CUCM in a VM outside of these parameters, but it will not be supported by Cisco.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

Since we do not support anything other than CUCM 8.0(2) in VMWare we do not sell anything associated to this scenario.

You would need to buy any associated PNs as if it was a regular MCS install.

The only thing before 8.0(2) we support on VMWare are the NFR kits.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No. UCM 8.x will only be supported on Cisco UCS hardware. Third-party host support is a ways off.

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Virtualization is only supported with CUCM 8.x and only on Cisco UCS servers. It is possible to install CUCM in a VM outside of these parameters, but it will not be supported by Cisco.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I understand that it isn't supported, but will the above scenario work?  If so, what is the part number?  Do I just a purchase a CUCM server seat?

Since we do not support anything other than CUCM 8.0(2) in VMWare we do not sell anything associated to this scenario.

You would need to buy any associated PNs as if it was a regular MCS install.

The only thing before 8.0(2) we support on VMWare are the NFR kits.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

8.0(2c) is out.  We are about to move to it.  Will it eventually have specific PN for VM loads?

No. UCM 8.x will only be supported on Cisco UCS hardware. Third-party host support is a ways off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: