Nexus 7000 CMP connectivity issues

Unanswered Question

Hi,

I have a Nexus 7010 running NX-OS 4.2.2. The issues that I have is with the CMP management port:

During normal operations, I can ssh to the CMP using the same login id and password that I use to login into the switch. According to the guide on CCO,

if you do a reload soft on the switch, which does not reboot the CMP, you should be able to ssh into the CMP with the same login id and password that you use to login to the switch itself. The login id and password are supposed to be synched with the CMP so you can login using the same credentials, even if you reboot the switch. If I reboot the switch I can ssh into the CMP but it would not let me login with the same login id and password that I use  to login to the switch. I am supposed to, according to the guide.

Another issue that i have found : according to the guide on CCO, even if the switch is down, so long as you have a power cable connected to the switch, you should be able to ssh to the CMP. The CMP uses a separate bus, software image and auxillary power, indepent of the supervisor engine. Well, I can't do it. When I shut down the switch and my power cables are still connected, everything is dead. The LED lights on the CMP are all out. Am I missing something or reading something wrong here?

Here's the guide that I use:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/switches/datacenter/hw/nexus7000/cmp/configuration/guide/n7cmp_overview.html

Thank you.

Vince Doan

[email protected]

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion