Views
Helpful
Replies

2 ISP Connections at DMVPN Hub

amit.bhagat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have hit a very teething problem with DMVPN. The issue is if I have two tunnels at the Hub and Spoke routers, and if I shutdown one tunnel at the Hub, the Spoke routers still think that tunnel is UP. This is true considering all tunnels are mGRE tunnels so as long as the physical interface remains UP, the tunnels will remain UP.

However, I am looking for a trick where the Spoke routers react to failure of a tunnel on Hub router. For a sample diagram, please use this URL. Please note the configuration on that page is incomplete.

http://sites.google.com/site/amitsciscozone/home/ipsec/dmvpn-with-dual-isps

3 Replies 3

swapnendum
Level 1
Level 1

solution to similar DMVPN issue exists on my blog -

http://eminent-ccie.blogspot.com/2010/06/vrf-aware-dmvpn-with-dual-isp.html

HTH

Swap

#19804 (sp, sec)

I knew EEM was one of the way . Is this the only way? How would you do it other way if the routers were not Cisco?

Thanks.

Amit.

Hi Amit

You have good question , I heard most of the time this type of question related to  Routing senario where user are running static routing with dual link.

But here i am not able to under stand that , In your senario exactly want you want to achive .

If your tunnel interface is not going down then what issue you faced.

Accourding to me if you have an proper design while implementing DMVPN then i don't thing that you will face any issue.

DMVPN can implement in various style  & i think here you won't require any VRF until and unless you have some special requriment.

Here the standard name that i remember : -

1] Single Hub -  Single DMVPN Layout

2] Single Hub -  Dual DMVPN Layout

3] Dual Hub - Single DMVPN Layout

4] Dual Hub - Dual DMVPN Layout

Please explain you question more to understand you requriment & what you what to achive.

And the other Question : If you don't have all CISCO router.

Answer : You can't have DMVPN but still you have option of GRE Tunnel or else if you think that in hub router you don't want to create to much of tunnel then you can have other option i.e VPDN.

Regards

Chetan Kumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: