cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mesh to deliver Ethernet

awcevans01
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question. I have a customer that wants to deploy ethernet into 9 buildings. The issue is we can't physically cable them together. We have looked at a Cisco 1300 bridge deployment with  1200 series AP's in each remote building, but there's is no line of site back to the root bridge for half of the buildings. I also suspect with a 9 client multipoint bridge i'm going to have 802.11 channel issues, and probably rubbish performance. Even with two root bridge's i'm still going to channel overlap issues on 802.11b/g.

If we go 1200 series AP's using a WLC and Mesh licensing, we can can easily provide coverage and wireless connectivity for backhaul, but I don't have any wireless users. Can I use the Ethernet port on the AP's to deliver a LAN segment into each building and use the mesh function to bridge this segment?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Without line of sight, you'll need to position your mesh AP in a way to get the signal through.  I would strongly recommend you have a mesh site survey conducted.

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards

Quick answer. You must have the 1200 series AP with a/b/g radio's to run the mesh load even if you are not using one of the radio's.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card