cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mesh to deliver Ethernet

awcevans01
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question. I have a customer that wants to deploy ethernet into 9 buildings. The issue is we can't physically cable them together. We have looked at a Cisco 1300 bridge deployment with  1200 series AP's in each remote building, but there's is no line of site back to the root bridge for half of the buildings. I also suspect with a 9 client multipoint bridge i'm going to have 802.11 channel issues, and probably rubbish performance. Even with two root bridge's i'm still going to channel overlap issues on 802.11b/g.

If we go 1200 series AP's using a WLC and Mesh licensing, we can can easily provide coverage and wireless connectivity for backhaul, but I don't have any wireless users. Can I use the Ethernet port on the AP's to deliver a LAN segment into each building and use the mesh function to bridge this segment?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Without line of sight, you'll need to position your mesh AP in a way to get the signal through.  I would strongly recommend you have a mesh site survey conducted.

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards

Quick answer. You must have the 1200 series AP with a/b/g radio's to run the mesh load even if you are not using one of the radio's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: