cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N won't stay connected to Blackberries.

Regs
Level 1
Level 1

There is a discussion of this going back many months in the previous forum.  My initial post there has had over 600 views and I see that an IT administrator with 10 BB has the exact same problem.  I have replaced my BB 4 times and all of them behaved the same way with this CISCO WAP4410N:

THE PROBLEM:  The 4410 drops the WiFi connection to a Bold 9700 BB (using WAP2).  I got an old Motorola about 6 years old out and found it works fine with the BB as does most of the public hot spots. This is an issue with the 4410.  An IT Admin has found (an posted in the eariler forum) that for some reason the key change is not accomplished when issued by the 4410 but it works for others. The Admin discovered that if he set the timout on the key change to maximum he only has to restart the 4410s every 10 days.

So I have the 4410 for my 5 computers with which it works fine and beside it the old Motorola for the BB. There is a lengthy discussion of this in the old forum

When I called support about this I was told that "we don't support connections to Blackberry."  I hate to have to sell this thing on Ebay and buy another brand becuase of this.  Seems that Cisco would fix it.

I think Borders here locally uses the same 4410 as I have the same problem over there.  Anyplace else however it is fine.

1 Reply 1

markosoftinc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

I have the same issue with my blackberry and GoodLink devices. If you add these problems and teh fact taht this device can't make it a day without being rebooted after it stops responding. I just gave up. I'm simply tired of waiting for Cisco to fix this. I requested a RMA from my supplier adn I will replace them with a non cisco devie thsi time for sure. I hate to say it but Cisco support here is the poorest of teh poor. I have smartnet on all my ASA and routers and the support is great but whne if comes to these small business devices Cisco doesn't seem to care if it works or not,.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: