Views
Helpful
Replies

Using BACD script with CME-as-SRST to redirect a call

jan.lipkowski
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

since CME-as-SRST does not have the 'Alias' command option (available in call-manager-fallback mode), I was informed that I could re-direct incoming calls towards specific DN's using the BACD script.  Every example I have looked at for BACD scripting has Auto Attendant configurations but all I need to do is to redirect a call.  Can anyone assist?

My challenge: When in CME-as-SRST mode, re-direct an incomming call headed towards DN 100 to a local ephone with DN 200.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My point is that you should configure DN 100 so that during SRST, you can easily set CFA on it.

That is by far the easier solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Place DN 100 on line button of any phone. Press button, then CfwdAll to 200.

Thank you p.bevilacqua.  I just realized I forgot to mention an important part.

I have no staticly configured ephones/dn's, they are all dynamically learned via CME-as-SRST.  DN200 is the secretaries phone whereas DN100 is that of an auto attendant.  Therefore during failover, DN100 will not be learned by CME-as-SRST because it is not a registered device.  I also cannot configure DN100 statically (and set callfwd) because during non-SRST mode, I want the calls to hit the communication manager as opposed to being forwarded to DN200.

Any thoughts?  Much appreciated...

My point is that you should configure DN 100 so that during SRST, you can easily set CFA on it.

That is by far the easier solution.

Ah yes.. thanks, you are right and I found my problem.  It was the matter of configuring an ephone-dn 100 with CFA to DN200 and a preference of 2 (or anything above the default 0).  I also needed to configure a dial-peer with destination-pattern 100 with preference of 0 and pointing to the typical CUCM.  This ensures that the ephone-dn 100 CFA will not take effect during steady state (non SRST mode) as the preferred dial-peer will get selected which routes to the CUCM.  Thanks p.bevilacqua,

cheers,

Jas

Yes, and thank you for detailing the necessary preference settings that I had totally omitted.

Also thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: