cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installed VPN client 5.0.7.290 with 64bit Win 7 and cannot initalize Virtual adapter

ggladney
Level 1
Level 1

Using Microsoft SDK kernal debugger I see this error message?  So why would it try an open 32bit dll instead of the 64bit dll.  I did install the 64bit version.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Gladney

<avrf:formatmessage>RegOpenKeyExA: Key  (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OLEAUT) is denied 'KEY_QUERY_VALUE'  access with error 0x2.</avrf:formatmessage>
<avrf:parameter1>2 - Error returned</avrf:parameter1>
<avrf:parameter2>1 - Access Requested (if  applicable)</avrf:parameter2>
<avrf:parameter3>1 - Access Requested (for  compatibility)</avrf:parameter3>
<avrf:parameter4>0 - n/a</avrf:parameter4>

2 Replies 2

mitchrussell42
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco VPN client does not support 64bit. See: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/, bullet 5. This is how Cisco is forcing migrations from the VPN client.

Cisco provide a 64bit on 13April2010.  I didn't think they were going to either but this is what is in the download software library.

vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe
Release  Date: 13/Apr/2010
VPN  Client Software for x86 64-bit version of Vista/Windows 7 - Microsoft  Installer
Size: 4898.00  KB  (5015552 bytes)

And it does work, I stripped my 64bit Win 7 down just to the OS and loaded VPN client and it work so I guess it has to with working with our mangement crap.

Thanks,

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: