Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 - FXO Problem

muratg7777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using UC520 for testing. We have analog central. 2  lines are coming to my fxo port from that central. They are internal numbers.

Analog central 111 - and 112

When someone calls 111 (voice-port 0/1/0) my ip phone rings which is 241 on uc520

When someone calls 112 (voice-port 0/1/1) the other ip phone rings which is 242 on uc520

That's ok. This is the configuration I am using.

Problem is:

It is working but after a couple a days passes, I can not dial any number on analog central but I can dial numbers on UC520.

When I check the analog central, the lines seems busy which they are not. After I shutdown and no shutdown fxo ports they start to work again but for sometime it happens again.

Is this problem with UC520 or analog central?

voice-port 0/1/0
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
cptone TR
connection plar opx 241
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/0-OP
!
voice-port 0/1/1
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
cptone TR
connection plar opx 242
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/1-OP

and the caller-id seems not working too but I think it is because of the analog central

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Regarding the FXO disconnect problem, here are a couple of things to try:

1. Make sure that your cp tone is correct. You can create a custom cp tone if the defaults do not meet the telco's standards

2. Add "timeouts call-disconnect 5" to the voice port

3. Add "timeouts wait-release 5" to the voice port

Regarding caller ID, add "caller-id enable" to the voice ports

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. I added timeouts to voice ports.

For the caller-id enable command, when I use it. voice port is waiting for the caller id. After the 2nd beep tone the ip phone starts to ring (with no caller id). So I cancelled that because of the ring delay.

Sounds like the telco is not sending caller ID. Check with them to make sure it is enabled on this line.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: