Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 7.0.8 with Communicationsmanger 6.1.4 or 7.1 Deskphone Troubles

Hy Out There,

we have got an CuCM Cluster with LDAP Authentication over SSL.

All is working fine beside the CUPS Deskphone or the Sametime Plugin Deskphone Control.

I've read this article

http://htluo.blogspot.com/2009/01/myterious-invalid-crdential-on-cupc.html

but we are not able to change the tcp port for authenticate, because of some security things.

Is there another Workaround or ist there a fix within Communicationsmanger

thnxs for your Replies

cheers Floh

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you can't repoint to the global catalog port (that's a very common solution) then you would need to try to work out where the delays are coming from that are causing the authentication to time out.

Best way to do this is to run a packet capture on the CCMs to see the LDAP traffic, and then go through it looking for failures or delays in response. Based on that you'll likely need to resolve some directory issues - such as bad DNS entries, slow responding servers, incorrect AD sites config, etc..

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hy Aron!

now we have got a Test with the normal LDAP Port 389, and everything is good!

I think there is a Problem with the CTIManager interact with SSL

How can a debug this thing

cheers Floh

Hi

You may find that it works intermittently; depending on where the connection is sent, what replies come from DNS, etc etc...

If so, best way to troubleshoot I find is using a packet capture as suggested above.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!