Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding - detection / avoidance

Steve Baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having a few problems with call forwarding. The scenario below is what I am trying to achieve:

Call comes in to a managers phone, if it is not answered after 3 rings it forwards to his secretaries phone.

If the secretary does not answer within 3 rings the call goes back to the managers voicemail.

Call comes in directly to the secretaries phone (Not forwarded). If she does not answer within 3 rings it forwards to a hunt group.

The problem I have is that the call to the managers phone forwards to the secretary and then if she doesn't answer it forwards on to the hunt group.

Is there anyway to avoid this so that if the call originally came into the managers phone it doesn't follow the secretaries forwarding rules?

Thanks

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You've not stated which call control app you are using... however, you should be able to use the principle that hunt group member's forward settings do not affect the routing of a hunt group call.. e.g.

Instead of forwarding the manager phone on no answer directly to the secretary, define a hunt group who's ONLY member is the secretary, and forward to that hunt group.

Now the secretary's own forward settings won't affect the manager-forwarded call. You can use the 'no answer' forward setting on the hunt pilot (or the 'final' destination on a CME hunt group I guess) to determine where to send the call if the hunt group (i.e. the secretary) doesn't answer.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can add an additional DN to the assistant phone, each one with different CF option. Manager will only forward to the "right" one for example.

Sounds like a good idea, unforutnately the assistant phone only has 6 line buttons and all of these are currently in use as BLF's to monitor other managers phones.

Hi

You've not stated which call control app you are using... however, you should be able to use the principle that hunt group member's forward settings do not affect the routing of a hunt group call.. e.g.

Instead of forwarding the manager phone on no answer directly to the secretary, define a hunt group who's ONLY member is the secretary, and forward to that hunt group.

Now the secretary's own forward settings won't affect the manager-forwarded call. You can use the 'no answer' forward setting on the hunt pilot (or the 'final' destination on a CME hunt group I guess) to determine where to send the call if the hunt group (i.e. the secretary) doesn't answer.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

I've just set that up on a test basis and looks to be working perfectly. Will save a lot of headaches.

Thanks

Steve

Steve

You work quickly - good stuff.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: