Replies

cisco cucm 8 in vmware- License strange problem

hanimolani
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

i have cisco callmanager cucm 8.0.2 on vmware esx version 4

after installation the problem is cucm mac address is 86:56:aa:xx:bb:aa

but when i refer to show status commnad on cli there is something else for MAC LICENSE

this item seems generated randomaly.

so i ordered cisco license team for a 500 DLU on MAC LICENSE who generated by random

when i tried to upload it to my cucm , returns error that this is not the correct mac address!!

its attached.

what shoud I do ??

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Customer Impact from New Licensing Procedures

Cisco Unified Communications Manager on VMware on Cisco UCS B-Series  Blade Servers uses a different licensing model than Cisco Unified  Communications Manager on an MCS server. The MAC address of the NIC card  is no longer used to associate the license to the server.

Instead, the license gets associated to a license MAC, which is a 12  digit HEX value created by hashing the following parameters that you  configure on the server:

Time zone

NTP server 1 (or "none")

NIC speed (or "auto")

Hostname

IP Address (or "dhcp")

IP Mask (or "dhcp")

Gateway Address (or "dhcp")

Primary DNS (or "dhcp")

SMTP server (or "none")

Certificate Information (Organization,  Unit, Location, State, Country)

The ways to obtain the license MAC are as follows:

Before installation, use the Answer  File Generator (http://www.cisco.com/web/cuc_afg/index.html).  When you generate the answer file, you also get the license MAC.

Note If you use this method, ensure  that you enter the identical parameter values in the Answer File  Generator and the Cisco Unified Communications Manager installation  program, or the license will be invalid.

After installation, navigate to Show > System in Cisco Unified  Communications Manager Administration.

After installation, use the CLI command  show status.

Obtaining New Licenses

The process to redeem a Product Activation Key (PAK) for licenses at  www.cisco.com/go/license is changed for a license MAC. When redeeming a  PAK for a license MAC at this URL, you get prompted to select the type  of license that you want to obtain:

A physical MAC address — this is used  when Cisco Unified Communications Manager will be installed on an MCS  server.

A license MAC address — this is used  when Cisco Unified Communications Manager will be installed on Cisco  Unified Communications Manager on VMware on Cisco UCS B-Series Blade  Servers.

After you make this selection, the generation and installation of the  license file follows the same process.

Obtaining Rehosted Licenses When You Change License MAC Parameters

When you change any of the parameters that create the license MAC, the  license that you obtained with it becomes invalid. You must request a  rehosting of the license to obtain a valid license. The old license  continues to work for a 30-day grace period.

To rehost your licenses, you must open a case with the licensing team.  Contact the licensing team at licensing@cisco.com.

During the grace period, you can change the settings back to the  licensed values to make your original license valid again. If you need  more than 30 days of grace period, change your settings back to the  licensed values, then change them back to the new values that you want  to use. You will get another 30- day grace period.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_0_2/install/cmins802.html#wp584395

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate