Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 "User Tracking cannot find ip phones & end users hosts"

otenet_cass
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I am running cisco lms 3.2 with Campus Manager 5.2.1 and i have a problem with User Tracking , it seems that it cannot discover end user host & ip phones in my lan .The only end hosts that can find are directly connected to my main switch 4507 (seed device) .

The configuration of the lan is preety simple, i have a main switch 4507 (seed device) with 10 switches 2975 POE (Stack Mode) directly connected (trunk). I have configured 6 vlan's , and all my end users & ip phones  are connected to the 2975 switches.

I have already configured to the user tracking interface the subnets of the end users hosts  & ip phones , cdp, arp, ping reguest, snmp  are working properly. The network devices are already in the DCR and working properly .Dns is working also , no firewall on the LMS Server.

Lms is installed in a windows 2008 Std with SP2.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the sysObjectIDs of these stacked 2975s?  What version of SNMP are you using?

The sysObjectIDs for the 2975 are  " .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1068". The snmp version i am using is v2 , and the sysObjectIDs of the 4507 is ".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.876" .

What community string are you using?  Make sure it does not contain any '@' characters.

No,  the community string  does not contain any '@' characters .....

Can you help me please  with this issue ?

Just in case anyone is still wondering 2975 do not support user tracking

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0.1/device_support/table/lms401sdt.html#Cisco Catalyst 2975 Series Switches

So much for an $8000 dollar piece of equipment.

2960s are much better imho

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: