Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 7.1.2 + no external call forward all from phone

COMMpact001
Level 1
Level 1

hi @ all,

i use cucm 7.1.2 with 2801-router as h323-gateway. everything is fine but if i want to configure a external cfwall on the phone i can only dial 2 digits. so only a 2-digit-number is configured. i cant dial more digits. internal everything is ok. does anybody know the problem? our internal dn are 100-299. my outbound route pattern is 0.!

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the CFA CSS allows you to use PSTN DNs?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi There,

Check the Call Forward All CSS (Calling Search Space) on the Directory Number config page. Ensure that the Call Forward All CSS has access to External Calling CSS.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Also to add check what the setting is for the Call Forward

• With Configured CSS- it uses the two CSS you have against Forward All and Secondary - same as a phone, DN

• With Activating Device./ Line - it uses the CSS of the Line and Device

• With system - Uses the System parms

The difference with Activating and Configured,  is that with Configured you can allow a user to dial International , Premium rate numbers but block call forward all to these same numbers- Toll Fraud but  with Activating- the call block for handset dialing and call forward all are the same

hope it helps

hi @ all,

i checked my configuration under the dn. i dont configured any css for cfwall. "Calling Search Space Activation Policy" is configured to "Use System Default" and on "Forward All" "none" is configured unter css. do i need such a css. i can call out without any problems but cfwall does not work - only internal.

all my phones are in the default partition.

Yes, you need. You just explained why this doesn't work but it appears you don't understand why.

Read this so you can understand CSS and partitions

Calling Privileges in Unified CM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/dialplan.html#wp1044276

And you should stay away from avoiding partitions and leaving everything in the default partition, that will only cause trouble in the future.

HTH

java

HTH

java

ok i will read this and i will try configure partitions. i will answer after that.

hi javalenc,

i did what you said. i created a partition and put all my dns, voiceports, transformation-pattern and external route pattern into it. . further more a created a css that include my partition. on the dn(s) i set

Calling Search Space Activation Policy     -> use system default

Forward All                                             -> the css that include my pstn route pattern.

but if i try to set a cfwdall on the phone i the dialing breaks after 2 digits so that only 2 digit are configured for cfwdall.

my route pattern is 0.!

whats now?

What are you dialing for the CFA destination?

HTH

java

HTH

java

i dial 001711234567 or 003012345.

hi,

i managed to solve the problemwith the help of tac. the problem was the option "urgent priority" at the route pattern connfiguration.

thanks all for helping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: