Views
Helpful
Replies

Which UC Deployment model?

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I am working on a project and I am at  loss at whihc deployment model to use or name it.

I have the following

2 data centres.

3 CCM servers

2 Unity Connection servers.

Customer has requested that

1. Pub and sub 1 be deployed at first datacenter

2. second sub be deployed at 2nd data center.

This obviuosly meant We will be using the Clustering over the WAN model for call control.

Here is my confusion.

Each Voice mail server (unity connection) will be deployed seperately at each data center, hence the deployment will look like this

Datacenter 1 : Pub + Sub1 + UC Pub

Data center 2: Sub2 + UC sub.

All user sites will connect via IP wan to the data centers.

I  have looked at the SRND and I cant see any model of this type.

The closest I have seen is the Centralized messaging with clustering over WAN. This requires me to have all my voice mail server in one location.

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Deji,

Good question as to what "Deployment Model" this would be referred

to as Even the newest SRND and design guides don't speak to this

Unity Connection Deployment Model specifically by name.

I would be tempted to refer to it as "Centralized Messaging with Clustering over

the WAN" - due to the fact that you are still essentially using a single messaging

system that is setup in an Active/Active model. It just happens to be clustered over

a WAN connection.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rayangandhi
Level 5
Level 5

I went through this setup.  Unity connection is not intended to be distributed across the WAN.  But if you did choose to do that the latency requirement for connection is 20ms.

Thanks I know this.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Deji,

Long time my friend, hope all is well

Connection Cluster Requirements When the Servers Are in Separate Buildings or Sites

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/requirements/7xcucsysreqs.html#wp151620

Cheers!
Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Rob,

Long time! Thanks I have seen the requirement for separete building install of UC. I just want to know which model I will call this. Maybe it will be distributed messaging with clustering over the WAN

Hey Deji,

Good question as to what "Deployment Model" this would be referred

to as Even the newest SRND and design guides don't speak to this

Unity Connection Deployment Model specifically by name.

I would be tempted to refer to it as "Centralized Messaging with Clustering over

the WAN" - due to the fact that you are still essentially using a single messaging

system that is setup in an Active/Active model. It just happens to be clustered over

a WAN connection.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

I couldnt agree more. Infact to make matters simple, I have decided to place the two servers in one location. I will convice the customer that due to bandwidth requirements, this is a much better approach. Thanks for lending me your coins!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: