API documentation for WVC210 / PVC300?

Unanswered Question
Jul 12th, 2010

Hello,

I'm developing a video surveillence application for Windows Phone 7 and I'm trying to find some API documentation for the WVC210 and/or PVC300.  Specifically I'm looking for some info on the PTZ commands, where to pull a straight .JPG from via HTTP/Rest/Web Service, etc.

I've searched the CDN and there is nothing there - it's all straight Cisco stuff, no Cisco Small Business.

If you can assist please let me know.

Thanks,

Ray

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ackle55069 Thu, 07/15/2010 - 05:09

Hello doishi,

Can I get a little further assistance with trying to get to these documents?

Since this is a partner-only document, I tried applying for the basic-level partner status.  I was instantly approved, then a few hours later was "terminated':

Cisco regrets to inform you that your company's  application to become a Registered Partner has been terminated at this  time. 

Should you wish further information regarding the termination of your  Registered status, please visit Partner Help located at http://www.cisco.com/go/prt.
  For easier processing, please be sure to include your application  reference number '367971'. A Cisco representative will contact you directly within 3 business days.

So of course I log a ticket with the PRT and several days later I get the reply:

Hello Ray

You have reached wrong support team. In order to resolve your issue,  please conact below listed Cisco Technical  Assistance Center (TAC) for further assistance.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html

Regards,
GSTS-PRT Team

So I try this link and, of course, it is not accessable because I am NOT a partner.  Something in this process is broken.

I very easily got full technical documentation on the APIs for Panasonic, TrendNet and Axis webcams, which are all publicly available.

I'd love to support Cisco cameras, but honestly I'm starting to question if it's worth the continued expendature of time and effort to fight the bureaucracy.  If you can assist I'd appreciate it.  Any help with cutting the red tape would be appreciated.

streaves Thu, 07/15/2010 - 08:08

Hi Ray -- I'm afraid I can't help with the API ....  will leave that to the camera team.

BUT I'm extremely concerned about the issues you encountered with partner registration and support. Can you please contact me out side of the Community? You may email me directly: streavesatciscodotcom.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Small Business Technology Group

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content