Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC-4ESW configuration

Jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance, but I had this card up and running a while ago and I swapped it out and put it in another router.  Now it is not functioning properly.  Basically my WIC-4ESW card is associated with VLAN1 which has an ip address of 192.168.9.1 and the host router has an ip address of 192.168.0.51.  I am trying to configure it so that devices plugged into the WIC-4ESW can access computers/servers on the 192.168.0.0 network, which is plugged into the host router.  Any help is appreciated.

Attached is my config

Thanks

-Jeff

4 Replies 4

ismailmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please update the show inventory command output, to see if there is any issue with the ESW hardware fault.

please delete this reply

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Under the VLAN interface, you have configured IP NAT (ip nat inside) but there is no corresponding NAT rules. Can you remove that statement and try to access from VLAN 1 to internal hosts?

Regards,

NT

Hi guys,

thanks for the reply.  After doing a little more research, I found that it was best to create a VLAN 2 and place all the switchports in that VLAN and leave the native VLAN blank.  The card is up and running now, but there seems to be one more drawback that I can not figure out.  Basically my test lab is laid out like this

wic-4esw(1751)--------simulated T1----------1760---------ethernet--------consumer router

From the command line on the 1751 I am able to ping outside address, like google.com and so forth, but computers pluged into the wic-4esw are unable to ping the consumer router (with NAT enabled)  which is 192.168.0.1, as well as the outside world.  I have attached my updated config

Thanks

-Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: