Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Deleting Stale End Hosts

haidar_alm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 is showing more than 1 Million End Hosts, the total of end hosts we have on site is around 3k. It seems that old records are not being deleted.

I've tried to delete the entries from Campus Manager > Delete Interval options. It seems to have worked on the one in our LAB environment, however, the real live environment is not having it.

Is there a file where all these entries are being saved so that I can manualy delete it? This issue is making our CiscoWorks verrrrry slow since everytime it has to go through more than a million entry when requesting a simple User Tracking query.

Any advice please?

Many thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I missed the reply.  Was this an upgrade from Campus < 4.0.11?  That is, was User Tracking acquisition run on Campus Manager 4.0.10 or lower before you moved to 4.0.13?  If so, you will need to reinitialize your ANI database now that you are on Campus 4.0.13.  The problem should not reoccur.  See https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796 for instructions on reinitialize the LMS databases.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like an old bug.  Exactly what version of Campus Manager do you have?

Hi Joseph,

This is what we got:

• LMS 2.6
  • CiscoWork Common Services 3.0.6
  • Campus Manager 4.0.13
  • CiscoView 6.1.5
  • Device Fault Manager 2.0.13
  • Integration Utility 1.6.0
  • Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.6
  • Sorry, I missed the reply.  Was this an upgrade from Campus < 4.0.11?  That is, was User Tracking acquisition run on Campus Manager 4.0.10 or lower before you moved to 4.0.13?  If so, you will need to reinitialize your ANI database now that you are on Campus 4.0.13.  The problem should not reoccur.  See https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796 for instructions on reinitialize the LMS databases.

Hi Joseph,

Many thanks for the link. It worked a treat, great document mate. Well done!

KR

Haidar

N/A

Message was edited by: haidar_alm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: