cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Look & Feel of BTK

susubra2
Level 1
Level 1

What do you think of the look and feel of Bug Toolkit? If you could improve the user interface, what changes could we make that would improve that overall user experience for our users?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ThunderCK_2
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to search for bugs that have been discovered of a particular severity after a particular software release, including interim releases.  This will help me keep trace of bugs that effect my software versions and new bugs that come up that could hit me.  This will help me justify appropriate software updates.  Any chance this might happen for ASA bugs?

View solution in original post

This is a very nice feature and I use it when I find a current or new Bug that is in an opened state.  The issue I have is that filtering is not as useful as it needs to be.  I have not been able to ask The Bug Toolkit, "What bugs have been found after ASA code release 7.2(4.18)?" for example.  The newer search results CVS output is helpful as I can filter by "first found in" and "fixed in" fields.  This is still very manual and very time consuming. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ThunderCK_2
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to search for bugs that have been discovered of a particular severity after a particular software release, including interim releases.  This will help me keep trace of bugs that effect my software versions and new bugs that come up that could hit me.  This will help me justify appropriate software updates.  Any chance this might happen for ASA bugs?

Have you tried the BTK Notififaction Service in the tool under "My Notifications"? You can set up searches and receive notification via email. The tool will capture new bugs for new software releases if you define the Product Category and/or Product. Attached is a high level step-by-step guide. Hope this helps!

This is a very nice feature and I use it when I find a current or new Bug that is in an opened state.  The issue I have is that filtering is not as useful as it needs to be.  I have not been able to ask The Bug Toolkit, "What bugs have been found after ASA code release 7.2(4.18)?" for example.  The newer search results CVS output is helpful as I can filter by "first found in" and "fixed in" fields.  This is still very manual and very time consuming. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: