Helpful
Replies

CCX 7.01 Premium & Resource Groups

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Got a basic question if anyone can suggest best fix:

Got 40 agents answering calls for 4 triggers for different Services. They want same script for each but want to be able to report on performance for each Service. It must use Resource Groups but I'm unsure best way. And they also want to Prioritize the Switchboard CSQ.

If I put everyone in one flat Team,Resource Group can I still report on different services?

Any suggestions?

Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes, you can put all agents in one team and resource group.

You would then define one CSQ per service, and set the same resource group for each CSQ. When you run reports, they would be based on either the application or CSQ so can be reported on seperately.

In terms of priority, within the script you could increase the priority of calls to the 'switchboard' with a priority step, this would mean that they get serviced with absolute priority.

I would question your use of resource groups though:

- Each agent can be associated with one resource group

- Each CSQ can have one resource group associated to it

If you were to use skills, then you could set up a single skill, and assign that skill to all agents and CSQs. This would be the same as using a single resource group, but would leave you the flexibility of later moving to a skill per service, so that you could balance the number of agents associated to each service.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...    

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes, you can put all agents in one team and resource group.

You would then define one CSQ per service, and set the same resource group for each CSQ. When you run reports, they would be based on either the application or CSQ so can be reported on seperately.

In terms of priority, within the script you could increase the priority of calls to the 'switchboard' with a priority step, this would mean that they get serviced with absolute priority.

I would question your use of resource groups though:

- Each agent can be associated with one resource group

- Each CSQ can have one resource group associated to it

If you were to use skills, then you could set up a single skill, and assign that skill to all agents and CSQs. This would be the same as using a single resource group, but would leave you the flexibility of later moving to a skill per service, so that you could balance the number of agents associated to each service.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...    

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron. Skills Groups it is! Can you clarify prioritizing calls from the switchboard CSQ over the other CSQs please? How does a Priority Step take priority over the other CSQ's?

Rich

Basically all calls have a default priority of 1, and are all served FIFO. Priority runs 1-10 I think.

You can increase the priority of a call, and basically if there is a high priority call it will be served first (effectively jumping the queue of lower priority calls). If there are two even priority 2 calls, they will be served FIFO, then lower priority calls.

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: