Views
Helpful
Replies

do 1242 ap's try to associate with WLC4404 using lwapp then capwap

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

do 1242 ap's try to associate with WLC4404 using lwapp then capwap, how many times do they try lwapp? I have had them all connected to my controller, I have reboooted my controller and they are all taking a long time to come back on, why is this ?

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They start by searching for LWAPP and then switch to CAPWAP when there's no response.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on version of your firmware.  4.X uses LWAPP but 5.X, 6.X and 7.X uses CAPWAP.

Hi

When I debug the controller, it says that the access point keeps trying in LWAPP, then after a while it trys in capwap and connects, if the ap's have downloaded the new IOS from the controller, how come they still try in LWAPP first.

cheers

Carl

Hi Carl,

Are you talking about the DNS entry?  If so, then starting from version 7.X it will look for the CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER for the 1140 (don't know if this is a bug or a deliberate ommission).  Other APs will still look for the LWAPP option.

Hi there

My controller is version 6, I believe they will use capwap now, is this correct ? or if the ap's use lwapp will they use that ?

They start by searching for LWAPP and then switch to CAPWAP when there's no response.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the ratings, Carl.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: