cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netscreen migration to Cisco router

jacodu-plessis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I need to migrate a Netscreen firewall to a cisco router, is there any easy way to do this? All the remote IPSec VPN currently terminate on the Netscreen and I want to replace the Netscreen with a cisco router. The remote branches are all netscreens SSG20 including the main one.

thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What is the reason for wanting to do this?  Netscreen is very good firewall.  You may want to make sure they are compatible before start changing anything specially since all the remote locations are Netscreen.

HTH

Reza

A client of ours internal IT staff can't support the Netscreens and they have only cisco ppl, so they want to move over to a Cisco enviroment.The currently the VPN's on the Netscreen is configured with route-base site-to-site to all remote sites. I need to make sure the remote vpn's will connect to the cisco router with minimal config changes on the remote sites. We want to do a test run with the cisco router and if we can't get the VPN up and running we will go back to using the Netscreen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card