Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1310 point to point encryption?

clougher01
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy.

We have two Cisco 1310 devices working currently in point to point mode. I have a couple of questions regards this..

1. What is the best method to encrypt the point to point links between the two? We would like to use local passwords for this.

2. We have two point to point links on each device. Would we be able to configure one link for encryption without dropping our connection to that device and then configure the second one?

3. Is there any sample guide for point to point encryption?

Many thanks..

Taff.

6 Replies 6

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. What is the best method to encrypt the point to point links  between the two? We would like to use local passwords for this.

ANS - We can use Ciphers TKIP as the encryption and WPA-PSK as the authentication.

2.  We have two point to point links on each device. Would we be able to  configure one link for encryption without dropping our connection to  that device and then configure the second one?

ANS - I request you to brief me out on "we have 2 P2P on each device" does this mean we have 2 SSID configured??

3. Is there any  sample guide for point to point encryption?

https://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008054339e.shtml#pers

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes there are 2 ssids on the device.

no problem.. we need to create the sun interfaces and map the SSIDs to respective VLANS, thei will solve our issue.

the link which i provided in my previous email may help you. Is der anything else that i can help you with?

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Nope that's all good.. Thanks.

thats great

Have a nice day / Evening or afternoon

Plz rate the post if this solved your issue.

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: