Which would be more finacialy more rewarding. CCVP or CCDP or CCNP

Unanswered Question
Jul 14th, 2010

Hi All,

Let me give you a brief background about myself. I am an Avaya (Competitor of Cisco in IP Telephony and now in data as well with the accusation of Nortel) Employee, currently working as a systems engineer (Design and Presales). I would like to peruse a carrier outside Avaya which carrier certification would help me the most in finding a higher paid job CCNP, CCVP pr CCDP.

I have generally seen that people with Design background tend to get paid better then Implementation and Support engineer. However, I am yet to meet someone who has done CCDP. Also to my experience (which may be very limited) people in Voice are paid more then people with data background.

• I am Avaya Certified Expert (Equivalent to CCIE-Voice from Avaya) with strong design background for Voice, IP Telephony and Contact Center Solutions.

• I am a CCNA and have some understanding of DATA as well.

• I have overall Six years of Experience in field of IT and Networking.

I would like you all to share your thoughts about experiences about what carrier certification path should I pursue in light of the facts stated above. Should like to know any more information I would be happy to share.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ganesh Hariharan Wed, 07/14/2010 - 04:45

Hi All,

Let me give you a brief background about myself. I am an Avaya (Competitor of Cisco in IP Telephony and now in data as well with the accusation of Nortel) Employee, currently working as a systems engineer (Design and Presales). I would like to peruse a carrier outside Avaya which carrier certification would help me the most in finding a higher paid job CCNP, CCVP pr CCDP.

I have generally seen that people with Design background tend to get paid better then Implementation and Support engineer. However, I am yet to meet someone who has done CCDP. Also to my experience (which may be very limited) people in Voice are paid more then people with data background.

• I am Avaya Certified Expert (Equivalent to CCIE-Voice from Avaya) with strong design background for Voice, IP Telephony and Contact Center Solutions.

• I am a CCNA and have some understanding of DATA as well.

• I have overall Six years of Experience in field of IT and Networking.

I would like you all to share your thoughts about experiences about what carrier certification path should I pursue in light of the facts stated above. Should like to know any more information I would be happy to share.

Hi,

As you have Voice certfication of Avaya i would suggests you to continue your journey in voice field and be a master of voice area as this field is emerging along with security area and yuo have data knowledge with CCNA certified so basic of data and professional in voice will be good combination in networking industry.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

rgodden Wed, 07/14/2010 - 17:59

Have you tried applying for a job at Cisco.

Their old trick in days gone by  would be to  recruit from competitors regardless of ability but based on the old boys network.

west33637 Tue, 07/20/2010 - 12:40

With your background - definitely CCVP. There are not many people out there who know Cisco and Avaya voice. Its usually either/or. Most enterprises deploy either/or, but I have worked for enterprises that have both due to mergers. You would be untouchable. literally!

Actions

This Discussion