Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 9971 TCP timed out error message

RKha
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

greetings , i installed new Call Manager 7.1 , and connect Cisco Ip Phone 9971 , it work , but after 21 minutes the phone restart , when i read the status message , it display TCP Connection timed out .

i dont know how to change these parameter , and the system will go kive after 2 hour .

Please any one adivise me quickly .

regards.

5 Replies 5

Marcos Assakawa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rami, It looks like network issue. You could collect the sniffer trace from the back of the IP Phone and also the sniffer from where the IP Phone is registered to. We should be able to see something in the network is blocking the TCP traffic after while. Thanks, Marcos

ok , thanx Marcos Assakawa,  but i found it , there is parameter in servece parameter , controll on the TCP connection refresh time for SIP devices when the device is idle .

Hi Rami,

I am having the same problem. Can you please advise what exactly the parameter I need to change? and to what value.

thanks,

Toor

Dear Toormehdi ,

kindly can find in the below the services and their parameter you must change to solve these issue , you can put it to the maximum .

in Service Parameter Configuration  choose the server then choose "Cisco Call Manager(Active)" then go to Clusterwide Parameters (Device - SIP) Area and Change the Below Parameter :

: This parameter specifies the interval between session refresh requests in a dialog. When this timer expires, the session is considered timed out. The UAS obtains this value from the Session-Expires header field in a 2xx response to a session refresh request that the UAS sends. Proxies and UACs determine the session interval from the Session-Expires header field in a 2xx response to a session refresh request that proxies and UACs receive.

Maximum:  86400

Unit: sec

SIP TCP Unused Connection Timer:This parameter specifies the time period during which Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) determines whether the TCP connection is still in use. When the timer expires, Cisco Unified Communications Manager checks if there was any traffic in the preceding block of time, as specified by this parameter (for example, 14 minutes). If no traffic existed during that time period, Unified CM closes the TCP connection. If traffic was present, the TCP connection remains open until this timer expires again, at which point Unified CM checks for traffic again. For example, if the value in this parameter is 20 minutes and this timer expires at 3:00, Unified CM will examine the time period from 2:40 to 3:00. If traffic existed at any point during that time period, the connection will remain open until the next check at 3:20. If no traffic occurred in the time period from 3:00 to 3:20, Unified CM closes the TCP connection at or shortly after 3:20. If traffic did occur during the 3:00 to 3:20 time period, the TCP connection continues to remain open and Unified CM checks for traffic again at 3:40, and so on. Note: You must restart the Cisco CallManager service for the parameter change to take effect.

Maximum:  60

Restart the Cisco CallManager service for the parameter change to take effect.

Unit: min

SIP TCP Timer : This parameter specifies the preferred TCP connection timer.

Maximum:  150

Unit: sec

Regards,

mohamed moniem
Level 1
Level 1

Is the problem solved or not ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: