Views
Helpful
Replies

2851 and NM-HDV2 modules

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have plugged a NM-HDV2-2 T1/E1 on slot1 on a 2851 router.

IOS does not recognize, it tells me that there is a "unknown" module. My IOS is SPServices 12.4

Any help?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My IOS is SPServices 12.4

This is information is not complete.  You need to use the "T" train.

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

Sorry,

More detail about the version:

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(22)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Hello,

Can you please post the output of "show diag" from the router here?

Regards,

NT

Hello,

Now I can not get the show diag, but before I runned it and in module 1 (where it was plugged) it said something like "unknown module". I will update with the result may be in some hours.

Also I tried to plug into Module 2, but, strange, it didn´t fit.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

Per the following link, this card was first supported in 12.3T code so you should already have support for it in 12.4(22)T4 -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a008039c333.shtml#PlatformSup

I presume that you are powering the box down, installing the card, and then powering it back up.  Are you seeing any errors with regard to this module on boot-up?

Brandon

Hello,

It is strange how was solved. Tried to unplug and plug the module several times (of course, with the 2851 powered of). Then, as I had not result plugged it in another 2851 and worked. Then, in the first 2851 and ... worked.

Thanks all for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: