cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mother-in-law blocked on FXS ports

walford58
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small configuration with SPA9000, SPA400, 2xSPA921 and 1xSPA941 with both the FXS ports used for analogue handsets.

The system works mostly OK, but I have a strange "feature" that will not ring the FXS ports when my mother in law phones (caller ID is enabled on the PSTN line) although the SIP handsets all respond correctly.

Hers is the only incoming number that this happens to.

There are no incoming routes based on callerID, and I have rebooted all parts of the system.

Any thoughts on why this could happen?

Thanks

Pete

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Go to the regional tab, ring and call waiting tone spec.

You'll see ring waveform, try the trapezoid setting if you on sinusoid.  Also you can try raising the ring voltage from default of 70, up to 85.

Thanks for your suggestions. ing voltage is already at 85. I will try the trapezoidal, but why would this make a difference to one particular number calling through the PSTN when others are OK?

Pete

It seems that the analog phone connected to the fxs port is requiring more voltage and/or different waveform.  You can confirm by trying a different brand/model analog phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: