cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ap not joining wlc

WILLIAM STEGMAN
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to add an ap521 to my wireless lan controller.  I can ping the dns name of the controller from the ap, cisco-lwapp-controller, and see the log messages when booting the ap that it can resolve the name.  When I run debug lwapp client packet it returns a message "Received discovery Response from mwar 68e4bdc48940", which is the mac of the wan router at the remote location where the AP is.  The WLC sees the AP, and its correct MAC and IP address, but shows it as not joined.

Base Mac             AP EthernetMac       AP Name                 IP Address         Status
00:26:cb:c5:d6:40    N A                  AP1-Wired               0.0.0.0            Joined   
00:27:0d:30:2e:50    N A                  AP3-3029C               0.0.0.0            Joined   
00:27:0d:30:33:40    N A                  AP1-DC                  0.0.0.0            Joined   
00:27:0d:30:36:80    N A                  AP2-2/48                0.0.0.0            Joined   
54:75:d0:dc:9c:94    N A                  N A                     172.21.28.149      Not joined

I've tried adding it manually from the AP and reloaded it several times. Am running version 6 on my wlc.

thank you,

Bill

5 Replies 5

josemvigueras
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with an AP 1142N witch MAC is 88:43:e1:xx:xx:xx, it is no able to join the controller 5500. The rest of APs with MAC 00:26:99:xx or c4:7d:4f:xx had no problems.

There was a bug on WLC versions prior to the 6.0.196, with APs which MACs begining with no 00:xx, it supposed that it was resolved but it could be related.

It looks like the 521 AP is not compatible with the 2112 controller I have, only the 1100 and 1200 series APs are.  I need the Cisco Express Mobility controller.  Wonderful.

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards

Hi Vinay, I'm not sure I understand your comment.  I answered my own question, so I'm not able to mark it as correct or answered.

Hi William,

thanks for the response. As you said you are not getting the option to move this as answered, that will be ok. Let me see if I can try to mark this answered.

Cheers,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card