Aironet 1141 (AIR-AP1141N-A-K9): no DHCP from server to wireless clients through AP.

Unanswered Question
Jul 14th, 2010

Hello friends. I have three Cisco Aironet 1141 APs (autonomous/standalone) that I need to setup in three different locations. I have the devices configured and running with WPA2 and AES (clients can see the SSID broadcasts and connect to the wireless networks), but, once connected none of the clients are getting an IP address from the DHCP servers (routers with DHCP enabled and broadcasting) that the APs are connected to through Ethernet.

I researched the issue extensively online and found sparse information. What I did find was convoluted and never seemed to provide a straight answer to the problem.

Is there something I need to do to the 1141 APs to allow wireless clients connected to them to receive DHCP IP information from the DHCP servers (routers)? Thanks for any direction with this!

-GJB

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mirizarr Thu, 07/15/2010 - 13:02

Hi,

You don't need to do anything on the AP.  The AP will forward the broadcast DHCP request from the wireless to the wired.  If you are using Cisco equipment, you may need to add ip helper-address "dhcp server IP address" to the layer 3 interacase that the SSID is using.

Regards,

Manuel

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content