Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX Connection with CUCME

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco Call Manager Express running in a 2800 Cisco router, and I would like to link the CCME whit a PBX. I can connect the CUCME to PBX, through a FXO port ??

6 Replies 6

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

I suggest you to use E1/T1 to connect between PBX.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes, you can - maybe take a look at this similar thread : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3125025#3125025

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaronharrison,

Thanks for you explain.

To complete the call flow (from the remote office IP phones to the  analog telephones connected into PBX). It should add the gateway that is  connected to the pbx on the CUCM (as h.323 GW), and create routes  patterns with the numbers of the analog thelephones attached to the   pbx.

this is true?

Thanks

Hi

On your first post you said you had CUCME.

Now you are talking about CCM and Route Patterns.

You need to clearly state which product you have; if it's CME you would configure dial-peers on the remote site to point to the H.323 gateway at the head office that has the PBX connections.

As pointed out in the other post I referenced and by the other poster above, you would get much better service from a digitil connection such as T1/E1 rather than using FXS/FXO setups which should be considered as a last restort.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron, I attach a picture for better understanding.

Thanks!!

Hello Ricardo,

Yes, you can call from your CM in HQ to the PBX in the remote office through the voice router (CME router). In your CM, configure the router as H.323 gateway and create a route pattern to 12X extensions.

Hope it helps, please rate if it helps.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: