cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Whisper Intercom on SPA525

JOHN NIKOLATOS
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone know if whisper intercom works with a spa525?  I have a 7945 in which I can get it to work

but on the spa525 I can not get a whisper intercom to even show up on a button, just like the command is not even there under the ephone...

7 Replies 7

RockstarWiFi
Level 1
Level 1

Check your ephone templates? Which one is the 7945 using, which one is the 525 using? You might notice a difference:)

Chris - I dont understand what you are trying to tell me here... can you explain better..  

Anna Tsukerman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

Whisper Intercom will be supported in CCA 2.2(5). 796X, 794X and SPA5xx phones do not meet the CME requirement for whisper intercom feature - IP phones require SCCP 12.0 or a later version. The only phones that support whisper intercom are 797x phones as they have SCCP version 17.

- Anna

I did a UC520 deployment just the other day and was able to set up whisper intercom for both 7931 and 7962 phones using the 8.0.2 pack. Seems to work just fine. Is this an unsupported configuration?

John, I will test whisper intercom in my lab with an SPA525G and will let you know how it goes.

Cole

John,

I just tried to set up a whisper intercom on my SPA525G and experienced the same behavior as you described - button shows up (empty) as if there were no configuration for it. This lab is using sw 8.0.2 with 7.4.3 firmware for the SPA525G.

It's probably safe to say that the rest of the SPA series phones do not currently support this feature.  Cisco, are there any plans to include this feature for these phones?

Thanks,

Cole

Hi Cole,

I'll check the the 79XX Product team to further clarify Whisper Intercom support on these phones. As to SPA5XX phones, we are currently discussing the possibility to support Whisper Intercom in the future.

- Anna

Cole, John,

I stand corrected. With CCA 2.2(5) whisper intercom will be suported on the following 79XX phones: 7931, 7941, 7942, 7945, 7961, 7962, 7965, 7970, 7971, and 7975.

Here is the detailed list of the requirements for Whisper Intercom: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinter.html#wp1019721

Thank you,

Anna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: