cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2955 IOS upgrade

charles.e.davis
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade the IOS of a 2955 using Cisco Network Assistant 5.5.  I am replacing c2955-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA12.bin with c2955-i6k2l2q4-tar.121-22.EA13.tar.  I have done this before, but for some odd reason now the the upgrade keeps failing.  I'm not given any reason, just that the upgrade fails.  Does anyone know how to upgrade it from command line correctly or why the upgrade is failing.  Thanks for any assistance that can be given.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also use WinRAR to "uncompress" the .bin file. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are trying to upgrade your image, a bin file (c2955-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA12.bin) with a tar file image (c2955-i6k2l2q4-tar.121-22.EA13.tar). Under IOS, the upgrade process are different between the bin file and the tar file. I am not sure how it was handle in CNA, which I'd never used. You should download the the IOS 12.1(22)EA13 in a bin file format and try again.

HTH,

jerry

You can also use WinRAR to "uncompress" the .bin file. 

Thank you.  We CNA wasn't telling me at first that there wasn't room on the flash to do the upgrade.  I had to delete the old IOS and it ran just fine.  I appreciate your help.

Thanks for the rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card