Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Point to Point Cisco 1242ag

carl.patterson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is it possible to set up some sort of authentication where the root bridge and non-root bridge only associate with the opposites MAC address?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't see the reason why, but yes.  You can.

You also have the option of putting a strong password so no other bridge without the valid password can be part of the bridge.  Y'see if, say, you've encoded the bridge's MAC in and you needed to replace, you'll have to reconfigure the MAC address. 

Can you explain how i would associate the MAcs please?

Its not something I would do but it is something a customer has requested and i have no previous experience of this on Cisco wireless products!!!

Many thanks

Have a look at the link provided.  There are ways of adding encryption and passwords to your point-to-point bridge.  My recommendation is to go this way.  It's alot quicker and easier to maintain.

Wireless Bridges Point-to-Point Link Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058f53e.shtml

I hope this will help.

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card