Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding phones to CME 4.0

nickhesson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are trying to add phones to our CME 4.0, and it looks like we are max out at 42 phones.  Althought this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm link tells us the max is 36.  So I don't know how we got 8 more phones on.  Because this is a small office, we only need to add 5 or 6 more phones.  This is what we got:

2811 with NM-CUE module, Software: 12.4(4)XC / CME 4.0(1)

So my questions are is it possible to upgrade the software or module to support a few more phones, or is it possible to tweak the system?  Again, we are only try to add a few more phones.  Is there a third party route i am be able to take? 

Thanks for your time and help,

Nick

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The maximum number of phones you can have is directly related to the hardware platform, there is nothing you can change to make your system support more phones. You need a bigger platform like a 2821.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry if the is a complete noob question.  So could I buy 2821 and still use the NM-CUE module to gain phone capacity?  Is there anything else i would need to purchase?  Thanks, I'm trying to find the cheapest soulation to add 5 more phones.

Also, another question for my know knowlegde and understanding, could you use two 2811's with modules to get phone capacity?  (and still function on the same network, and act as one system?)

Thanks for your time and help,

Nick

I'm still very green with all of this, but I still have questions about (im guessing) "feature licenses".  Can i tell how many were purchased from the router?  Can these feature lics be moved from one router to another?  Say we have a 2811, and we are maxed out on phones.  So can we just buy a bigger router with the right IOS, and move these feature licenses to the new router and buy more lics for the new phones?

Also, another question I have is, can we use two CME routers to work together into one Voip netowork?

Sorry, but i'm just a network guy being push into voice, i have read a little bit, but still need some hand holding!  Thanks for your time and help,

Nick