Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP ports (for LCR): they do failover or load balancing

iantra123
Level 3
Level 3

Good day,

I'm working on a CUCM4.2 with a Voice Gateway that has 2 E1 PRI ports.

These two PRI  ports are connected to different Telco Provider. And I want to use LCR (least cost routing).

For example :

I want that a called N°A goes through Port 1.

When port 1 is full (30 calls), the gall goes in to the port 2.

If port 2 is full, the call goes to another site using H323.

My question :

does MGCP ports use failover or does they make a load balancing?

I want to use the failover (or pri is full).

How to do :

A - add all ports in one route group.

eg :

rg1= {E1_port1, E1_port2, H323)

==> rl = {rg1}

or create route group for each port and associate them in one route list.

example :

rg1= {E1_port1}

rg2 = {E1_port2}

rg3 = {H323}

==> rl1 = {rg1, rg2, rg3}

regards,

Antra

3 Replies 3

iantra123
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry I want to know if it use load balancing or load sharing.

I don't want all ports can send calls at the same time.

i want that the first port is full, and then pass to the second port.

Route Lists

A route list is a prioritized list of eligible paths (route groups) for  an outbound call. Typically, a route list is associated with a remote  location, and multiple route patterns may point to it. A typical use of a  route list is to specify two paths for a remote destination, where the  first-choice path is across the IP WAN and the second-choice path is  through the local PSTN gateways.

Route lists have the following characteristics:

Multiple route patterns may  point to the same route list.

A route list is a prioritized  list of route groups that function as alternate paths to a given  destination. For example, you can use a route list to provide least-cost  routing, where the primary route group in the list offers a lower cost  per call and the secondary route group is used only if the primary is  unavailable due to an "all trunks busy" condition or insufficient IP WAN  resources.

Each route group in the route  list can have its own digit manipulation. For example, if the route  pattern is 9.@ and a user dials 9 1 408 555 4000, the IP WAN route group  can strip off the 9 1 while the PSTN route group may strip off just the  9.

Multiple route lists can contain  the same route group. The digit manipulation for the route group is  associated with the specific route list that points to the route group.

If you are performing several  digit manipulations in a route pattern or a route group, the order in  which the transformations are performed can impact the resulting E.164  address. Cisco Unified CallManager performs the following major types of  digit manipulations in the order indicated:

1. Discarding digits

2. Called party transformations

3. Prefixing digits

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42dialpl_ps556_TSD_Products_Implementation_Design_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1043613

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I've just read the SRND. :-)

Thank you

Antra