cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk between SRW2048

alessandro_t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,     I need to set a trunk between two SRW2048 connected over a fiber link, in order to let a vlan to be shared among them.  My configuration is:  switch A: - default untagged VLAN 1 - custom VLAN ID 10, named "wifi" - port 47=> fiber, set as "trunk", both Vlan 1 and 10 are joined with the trunk - port 11: I want it on VLAN 10, in order to see the port 11 on switch B    switch A: - default untagged VLAN 1 - custom VLAN ID 10, named "wifi" - port 48=> fiber, set as "trunk", both Vlan 1 and 10 are joined with the trunk - port 11: I want it on VLAN 10, in order to see the port 11 on switch A  I tried to set both port 11 in "general" mode, tagged, joined only to VLAN 10, but I couldn't link them over the fiber. I tried many configurations for both port 11, but they doesn't work. I think that fiber port 48 and 47 configurations are ok.  I hope you can help me  Thanks Alessandro    Note: - yesterday I updated both firmwares to 1.2.2d; after that I have a error saving setting of "VLAN to Ports" on both switches. I check all the settings; they seems ok, but that page (and only that) give this error:   Line No. = 1   Error Type = null   Value = Unknown value   Diagnostic = Might be missing parameters (join1)  in page.  - I turned on the "Enable 802.1x" flag on "Security"=>"802.1x Settings"  - I don't use GVRP; when I join the port to VLAN it give me some "web" error on IE version 6 and 8 and I'm not able to join ports to vlan. Moreover I can see the custom VLAN among switches only if I attach somethings to the ports 11 (I use a dhcp server on one port, and a dhcp client on the other one).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just struggled with this today myself. This is what I had to do to get VLAN's on the trunk ports between SRW2048 and an SLM2024. Making the port numbers up but you get the idea.

SRW2048

Port 1-12 = VLAN 1

Port 13-15 = VLAN 3, untagged , mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 3

Port 40-43 = VLAN 2, untagged , mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 2

Port 47/48 = VLAN1,2,3 vlans to port = Trunk port should have vlan1,2,3 joined make sure it is tagged for 2,3 ( double check this, I am 100% i added them and when i checked again they were gone. I think making changes to other settings will remove them?)

SLM2024

1-10 = VLAN 1

14 = VLAN 3 , untagged,mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 3

16-18 = VLAN 2, untagged,mode=general, accept frame type = alll, pvid 2

Port 12 (Trunk Port) Add VLAN 1,2,3 with tagged 2,3

Setup like this I could access all three VLAN over the trunk.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

alessandro_t
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, I repost it

Hi all,

I need to set a trunk between two SRW2048 connected over a fiber link, in order to let a vlan to be shared among them.

My configuration is:

switch A:

- default untagged VLAN 1

- custom VLAN ID 10, named "wifi"

- port 47=> fiber, set as "trunk", both Vlan 1 and 10 are joined with the trunk

- port 11: I want it on VLAN 10, in order to see the port 11 on switch B

switch A:

- default untagged VLAN 1

- custom VLAN ID 10, named "wifi"

- port 48=> fiber, set as "trunk", both Vlan 1 and 10 are joined with the trunk

- port 11: I want it on VLAN 10, in order to see the port 11 on switch A

I tried to set both port 11 in "general" mode, tagged, joined only to VLAN 10, but I couldn't link them over the fiber.

I tried many configurations for both port 11, but they didn't work. I think that fiber ports 48 and 47 configurations are ok.

I hope you can help me

Thanks

Alessandro

Note:

- yesterday I updated both firmwares to 1.2.2d; after that I have a error saving setting of "VLAN to Ports" on both switches. I check all the settings; they seems ok, but that page (and only that) give this error:

Line No. = 1

Error Type = null

Value = Unknown value

Diagnostic = Might be missing parameters (join1)  in page.

- I turned on the "Enable 802.1x" flag on "Security"=>"802.1x Settings"

- I don't use GVRP; when I join the port to VLAN it give me some "web" error on IE version 6 and 8 and I'm not able to join ports to vlan. Moreover I can see the custom VLAN among switches only if I attach somethings to the ports 11 (I use a dhcp server on one port, and a dhcp client on the other one).

I just struggled with this today myself. This is what I had to do to get VLAN's on the trunk ports between SRW2048 and an SLM2024. Making the port numbers up but you get the idea.

SRW2048

Port 1-12 = VLAN 1

Port 13-15 = VLAN 3, untagged , mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 3

Port 40-43 = VLAN 2, untagged , mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 2

Port 47/48 = VLAN1,2,3 vlans to port = Trunk port should have vlan1,2,3 joined make sure it is tagged for 2,3 ( double check this, I am 100% i added them and when i checked again they were gone. I think making changes to other settings will remove them?)

SLM2024

1-10 = VLAN 1

14 = VLAN 3 , untagged,mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 3

16-18 = VLAN 2, untagged,mode=general, accept frame type = alll, pvid 2

Port 12 (Trunk Port) Add VLAN 1,2,3 with tagged 2,3

Setup like this I could access all three VLAN over the trunk.

Thanks!

Now it works like a sharm!

Alessandro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X